To teach, impart knowledge according to the centre’s curriculum and standards. To manage their classroom and coordinate with TA To inspire and support all students to reach their full potential
- Diploma, Professional Certificate/Qualification in Education/Teaching
- Possessing a good grasp of English - both written and spoken, and all other core subjects - math, science, and history
- Able to teach from our curriculum which has a Biblical world view
- Able to keep up with the fast-paced and demanding nature of children
- Able to deal with challenging situations
- Possessing the ability to be "teachable" - being willing to grow and learn as a teacher
- Resourceful and creative
- Enthusiastic, motivating and committed
- Caring and patient
- Prepare lesson plans based on curriculum content, outline objectives, instructions and teaching methodologies.
- Prepare and deliver engaging lessons using various materials, teaching techniques including use of audio visual /technology.
- Provide instructions, resources and guidance to students to fulfill learning objectives
- Demonstrate effective use of materials and resources
- Monitor, assess and record student progress on a regular basis
- Develop termly IEP goals for students who need support
- Motivating students for positive development
- Develop students in their intellectual, emotional, psychological, and social growth
- Work with TA on individual students who require differentiation.
- Develop suitable solutions and strategies and work with TA to overcome difficulties.
- Encourage and facilitate students’ communication and social skills as well as their general well-being
- Manage students’ behavior in class, breaks and transitions.
- Demonstrate understanding of each student individual needs, strengths, weaknesses, likes, etc.
- Maintain high expectations and challenge students
- Deliver lessons in accordance to curriculum content, agreed standards and stipulated timeframe.
- Adhere to Centre academic calendar and other event/activity schedule
- Create positive classroom environment conducive for learning
- Promote good classroom dynamics
- Proper time management
- Review and agree on set instructional goals, objectives, standards and methods with teacher team
- Undertake the development, modification of teaching instructions/ strategies to adapt to individual needs
- Provide advice and instructions for improvement
- Collaborate and support other teachers; be a team player
- Engage in at least one of our community engagement outreach programs.
- Follow Centre guidelines on dress code, discipline, and conduct
Public Engagement Expectations:
- Teacher parent meetings
- Open Day, Parent teacher meeting and conference
- Periodic events, community projects, after school activities
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, resources, equipment and facilities
- Comply with and enforce Centre policies
- Assist in maintaining order for the class
- Oversee, manage and supervise TAs’ performance
- Meet regularly Sr. teacher assistants
- Ensure Sr. teacher assistants are keeping up with duties and responsibilities.
- Support Sr. teacher assistants to perform at the highest possible standard.
- Ensure Sr. teacher assistants are following school policies and best practices.
- Evaluate Sr. teacher assistants’ performance
- Timely preparation or submission of students' academic records, grades, IEPs
- Filing of all necessary documentation - incident report, resource requisition, etc
- Proper recording of use of resource and curriculum
- Adhere to all administrative regulations
- Attend weekly teachers’ meeting, other meetings as required
- Review and formulate improved work processes
- Professional development courses
- Formal appraisal